When we say January is the best time to visit London, we’re pointing towards the best winter sales and unmissable discount shopping opportunities that you can enjoy in the city this month! So, reserve an impeccable stay at the Park Hotel Paddington London for a luxury experience and enjoy direct links to London’s famous attractions and sites. Read on to plan your fun-filled January itinerary with this shopping guide.
If you’re looking to stock up for your capsule wardrobe or buy festive gifts to take back home, you can save big on the January sales with great deals on homeware, electronics and more!
When are the Winter Sales Starting this Year?
If you’re brave enough to indulge in a high-street shopping experience, you must know that the winter sales start immediately after Christmas. Most high-street shops in the city have sales around Boxing Day (26th December), running through the middle of January. Remember, public transport is limited on Boxing Day, so plan your day out wisely.
Pro tip: Start your day right with a hearty meal at one of the exquisite restaurants near Paddington London and go shopping early on the day after Christmas to grab the best deals on your favourite products. Also, enjoy additional price cuts during the sale finale around mid-January!
Best Places to Shop During the January Sales
Be it West End, Covent Garden, or Westfield, remember shopping centres and department stores are always a good bet for a savvy bargain, where everything can be conveniently found under one roof! Trust us when we say that the London winter sales are an ideal time to invest in designer threads! Keep your wish list ready, plan your travel with the Transport for London app, and splash out at luxury shopping spots. These include the premium fashion stores with plenty of bargains on Oxford Street, Regent Street and Carnaby, trendy boutique stores on King’s Road, and the luxury labels on Bond Street.
Alternatively, you can also stock up on electronic gadgets at great discounts on Tottenham Court Road!
London Department Stores and Shopping Centres with January Sales
Many of the popular London department stores start their post-Christmas sales the day after Christmas itself! Here are some of the big names that you must include in your bucket list:
- Fortnum & Mason: The most luxurious food emporium in the city, running a hearty sale on gourmet hampers and more in Piccadilly.
- Hamleys: Who isn’t a Hamleys fan? Save money on a huge range of games and toys during the January sales at this magical toyshop.
- Harrods: No shopping trip to London is complete without a visit to this iconic Knightsbridge store! More of an attraction to include in your list, experience the charm of Harrods during the winter sales for a luxury shopping experience.
- Harvey Nichols: Browse the chic flagship department store in Knightsbridge and enjoy impressive reductions in designer fashion collections.
- Liberty: Make sure to plan a visit to this popular Tudor revival building and treat yourself to massive discounts on high-end fashion items and Liberty’s very own fabric line.
- Selfridges: Indulge yourself in six floors of exciting sale-packed shopping at this upscale department store on Oxford Street with all the latest designer collections and gifts for your family.
We know you’re all excited to discover the best bargain-packed retail therapy opportunities in London. So, keep an eye out for discounts on hotels in London, UK and enjoy the most wholesome shopping experience ever!